The following quote is taken from “The Silver Solution to Women’s Wellness” by Dr. Gordon Pedersen:
Description: Severe uterine pain during menstruation.
Symptoms: The main symptom of dysmenorrheal (painful menstruation) is pain concentrated in the lower abdomen and may localize to one side of the abdomen or radiate pain to the thighs and lower back. Various types of pain – sharp, throbbing, dull, nauseating, burning or shooting – are noted during dysmenorrhea. Dysmenorrhea may precede menstruation by several days or may accompany it and usually subsides as menstruation tapers off. The severe pain may coexist with excessively heavy blood loss. On rare occasions nausea, vomiting, diarrhea, headache, dizziness or disorientation may occur.
Causes: Prostaglandins are inflammatory compounds that are released during menstruation. They cause the muscles of the uterus to constrict so much that blood supply is compressed, reducing the delivery of blood to the sensitive tissues of the endometrium. The absence of blood flow to the endometrium causes pain and cramping as the tissues die from the lack of blood. The uterus begins to contract in such a strong manner that the dead tissues are squeezed out of the uterus and out through the cervix and vagina. This temporary oxygen deprivation in the uterus is responsible for the cramps and pain. Silver makes dramatic improvements in wound healing and pain management inside the uterus. It also reduces inflammation, which can help reduce the cause of this painful menstruation.
- Structured Silver liquid: Drink a minimum of two teaspoons twice a day for prevention and treatment.
- Structured Silver gel: Apply topically to affected area two to five times a day for as long as needed.
- Structured Silver gel: Apply to a tampon and inserted into the vagina for 90 minutes a day.
- Silver douche: Use three ounces of Structured Silver liquid and mix it with three ounces of distilled water. Pump the solution into the vaginal cavity and hold for ten minutes, then release. This should be done once a day, for five days, or until symptoms are gone.
- Optional uses: Pour four ounces of liquid silver into a warm full tub of water, then bathe, soak and relax, flushing the silver water into the vaginal cavity. Twenty-five minutes is average for a muscle relaxing vaginal flush in the tub.
Additional Products: Herbal products that help reduce inflammation and pain and improve hormone balance include black cohosh, blue vervain, Suma and white willow.